Employment Background Investigations
It has been said that a business is only as good as its employees. Nevertheless, who are these employees and what are their backgrounds? Now more than ever, proper screening of employees can deter any potential problems before they arise.
In fact, so much depends upon make sensible and informed hiring decisions that EPIS leaves no stone unturned in investigating employees to whatever extent out client may deem necessary. Our background investigation experts are well trained in discreet, in-depth background checks covering court and driving records, public filing such as bankruptcies defaults or tax liens employment and education verification and credit history, among others.
EPIS also works extensively with companies specializing in accurate, high quality and reasonably priced substance abuse testing
Employment screening is a highly effective way of combating employee fraud and provides an integrity check. Vetting future employees can prevent serious financial and reputation damage. In many parts of the world, there is an increasing regulatory requirement to screen staff and confirm credentials. Furthermore, in the event of litigation the onus is increasingly on employers to demonstrate that they took all reasonable steps to check employee integrity.
During the past few years, EPIS has made the cost of pre-employment screening extremely reasonable. Screenings usually can be completed in 48 hours or less and can be surprisingly comprehensive. EPIS will also give advice on how to save money by determining the level of screening for applicants to specific positions.
Employment Background Searches
- Includes name and Social Security number verification
- Includes Social Security fraud scan for aliases, false Social Security numbers and names of relatives
- Includes Credit Heathers
- Includes Names of Persons at Each Address Where Subject Has Resided. May include spouses, family members and roommates
- Includes Current and Previous Addresses. Database returns periods of occupancy
- Includes DMV search for vehicles owned (limited states)
- Includes Internet Domains
- Includes statewide bankruptcies, judgments – with dates and amounts, evictions, foreclosures and tax liens
- Includes fictitious business (DBAs), corporate president and agent for service searches, Uniform Commercial Code filings.
- Includes Civil Records
- Includes Criminal Records (limited states/county/year duration)
- Includes Sexual & Violent Offenders Multi-State Registry
- Includes Wants & Warrants (limited states/county/year duration)
- Includes Arrest Logs (limited states/county/year duration)
- Includes Department Of Corrections Logs
- Includes Workers Compensation Check (limited states)
- Official Records Coverage (Florida Only)
Fixed Fee $395
Additional Options on Employment Screening:
- National Bankruptcies, Tax Liens
- National UCC filings
- Professional License Verification
- DBA: “Doing Business As.” Name filings or assumed business name filings
- Family Background and marital history
- Source of income, and business affiliation
National Corporate and Partnerships and Affiliations
Note: Information from the Secretary of State’s offices. May include information from various state agencies and departments, like Revenue, Taxation, and Board of Equalization. Business and partnership searches include UCC filings and business credit database searches
National Criminal Records
This report searches multiple criminal record sources, which includes federal fugitive files, department of correction, prison parole and release files, probation records, and possibly records from other state agencies
EPIS will investigate previous employers named in an applicant’s resume and prepare a pre-determined list of questions for former employers. Part of this task, EPIS also investigates gaps in employment.
A smart way to combat resume inflation, this employee screening service verifies the accreditation status of the institution, start date, end date, major, and degree.
Contacting of references provided
Detailed investigation on all references provided will be conducted in writing or telephone calls.
For more details on the coverage area, please click Civil Coverage Area.