The term 'Due Diligence' refers to the process that ensures that an individual or entity is an appropriate and suitable partner for any business transaction. By obtaining more information about the subject, you the client are enabled to make a more knowledgeable decision. The results from EPIS due diligence efforts should help you better assess the business risks of the transaction as well as assist you with negotiations. Reliance on the financial records of the target business and verification thereof will not necessarily give the full picture since management of the target business may often not be as scrupulous as might be desired. Due diligence prior to any business deal, allow you to become familiar with the activities of the target before there is any commitment.
EPIS, Due Diligence Evaluation is a time-sensitive study that enables our clients to evaluate the potential acquisition of a property, franchise or any other business dealing, by effectively applying a wide base of legal and market knowledge. In addition, EPIS helps the client, as a potential business vendor, establish informed business plans for the management and operations of the other business, before the property has changed ownership or any other deal is finalized. The study assesses both hard evidence, but also business reputation and good name status. Finally, the Due Diligence Evaluation assesses the competitive positioning of the subject in the marketplace. By daring to be wise, you the client, gain a competitive knowledge, thus enabling you to make the right decisions, and bargain with a competitive edge.
EPIS agents conducting due diligence investigation will customarily include background checks on the company, its directors and management team, independent verifications of statements made in the business plan, and studies of the company's product and market.
At EPIS, all enquiries are analyzed and conducted according to the clients specific needs. EPIS, has the necessary expertise and know-how, to provide its clients in a fast and accurate way an extensive background check on an individual, or a company for purposes of conducting due diligence, location, tracing of property and general inquiries:
- Names and social security / identity card numbers of the subject
- Official Company registrar's records (for commercial diligence)
- Current address and previous addresses
- Telephones listed to the subject
- Tracing of financial assets
- Driver's licenses issued to the subject
- Litigation Histories
- Motor vehicles registered to the subject, registration plate numbers, description, and value.
- Real Property owned by the subject, to include description, and it's assessed value
- Corporate Affiliations of the subject
- Criminal or other adverse records
- Business Reputation
- Social Reputation & Status in the society / business circles
Clear Advantages of Establishing a Due Diligence Policy:
- Loss Prevention
- Clarified Competitive Positioning
- Avoid any potential bad publicity
- Customized tool for negotiation
- Trace the background history of directors, management team
- Identification of critical concerns and priorities
- Informed business planning and resource allocation
- Avoid Fraudulent business partners
- Knowledge is power, so dare to be wise. Confirmed strengths and areas for improvement
- Protect your company's image
A reliable and independent source of information like Empire Pacific Investigative Services will enable you to make a more accurate decision with perhaps reduced risk. People and companies are well known for inflating company figures and boast about their capabilities. As one of the EPIS Agents Mr. Mike Hakimi indicates, Doing business in certain parts of the world is risky enough on its own, so making the right decision with whom you can do business with, is the first step towards a successful venture.